Mundi Project Job Application
Music Workshop Facilitator
Music Workshop Facilitator
Job Title: Music Workshop Facilitator
Location(s): K-6 schools and SLC community centers
Employment Status and Salary: 1099 Independent Contractor | $150/event | 1-2 events per month
To Apply: Upload cover letter and resume to mundiproject.org/joinourteam
Ideal Candidate for Music Workshop Facilitator
The Music Workshop Facilitator is the ideal position for you IF…
You love performing for K-6 children
You can build excitement around storytelling and education
You want to be PAID to deliver fun and memorable music experiences to Utah’s schools and community centers
Employer Information & Position Summary
Mundi Project is a nonprofit community music organization that seeks to play music together. Through our programming, we actively break down socioeconomic and generational barriers by providing quality music experiences for all. Mundi Project provides expertise in planning and facilitation to partner nonprofits that seek to provide opportunities for music making, learning, and listening to the communities they serve.
Position Summary: Mundi Project is hiring an individual who loves singing, playing instruments, and telling stories. The workshop facilitator is responsible for coordinating with Mundi Project Staff on music workshop programming and performing at schools and community centers. The ideal candidate will have experience in facilitating groups and performing for young children in an educational or entertainment setting.
Responsibilities and Requirements
Facilitate group music workshops with provided lesson plans at event sites
Develop new workshop lesson plans with Mundi Project staff
Meet with staff to assess program goals and outcomes as well as collaborate on program improvement
Must be 18 years or older and successfully pass a background check
Provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination and follow all organizational protocols around Covid-19
Be fluent in a musical instrument (voice, piano, guitar or other instruments). No formal music education is necessary, however, experience in leading group music activities is required.
Be present for training and meetings as stipulated by Mundi Project, which are payable at $20/hr.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
Language skills in Spanish and ASL are preferred, but not required.
Performance experience in live theater or live music is preferred, but not required
How To Apply:
Submit a cover letter, resume, and references on the Mundi Project Job Application Form
Music Night Facilitator
The Music Night Facilitator is the ideal position for you IF…
- You’ve ever led a campfire sing or play-along (or karaoke night!)
- You’d like to GET PAID for belting out your favorite songs or jam on your guitar or the piano for an hour
- You are passionate about creating safe spaces to connect and create community through music for LGBTQ+ youth, families, and allies
If you are excited about this opportunity, view the full job description and apply below! We look forward to reviewing your application.
Become a Board Member
2022 Mundi Project Board Member
Mundi Project is looking for a passionate individual who is inspired by music and believes in the power of music to break down barriers and build communities (whether they feel they possess musical talent or not!).
Founding Year: 2006
Organization’s Mission: Mundi Project actively breaks down socioeconomic and generational barriers by providing quality music experiences for all.
Organization’s Programs and Services:
- Harmony Hub: Pay-what-you-can classes in piano, voice, and classical guitar in Spring, Summer, and Fall. The intergenerational sector of our education programming facilitates youth and seniors to make music together while fostering meaningful connections and social empathy.
- Piano Bank: Community members may donate or apply for a quality acoustic piano. We cover moving and first tuning costs. To date, we have placed 265 pianos!
- Mundi Live: Present interactive and inspiring performances that introduce diverse audiences to various musical genres.
Organization’s Race, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement: Music has the power to break down barriers, tell stories, and bring diverse individuals together. Through music all people, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious creed, socioeconomic status, or political affiliation can tell their stories. We strive to create safe and brave spaces for our community to explore, express, and engage through music. We stand ready to listen, learn, and grow with a common desire to bring forth an equitable and inclusive society.
Description of this Board Position:
- Attend monthly board meetings and provide insight and guidance to the Executive Director on matters including but not limited to: budgets & financials, programming and events, marketing, organizational leadership, and staffing.
- Act as a representative for the Mundi Project in the community.
- Support Mundi Project programs and services by attending other events and meetings as needed (these may include fundraising galas, Mundi programs, meeting with state and local civic leaders etc.).
Benefits of Serving with Mundi Project:
- Did you benefit as a child (or an adult!) by having access to music programs or education? Our board members witness firsthand how our programs provide those same benefits to the underserved populations in our community.
- Due to the array of Mundi offerings, our board members tend to become champions of one program or another — what program will you be passionate about?
- The perfect chance for someone who is passionate about music but perhaps not working in music as an occupation. By joining the board, you can connect with the largest music & arts community along the Wasatch Front — your love of music doesn’t have to end with high school band or choir!
- Connect and build relationships with other board members and the greater Mundi community
- Board membership gives you a chance to give back to your community.
Meeting Frequency: Monthly (no meetings in July & November)
Meeting Times: Last Wednesday of the month from 9-11am. The December meeting is first Wednesday from 8-11am.
Meeting Location: Virtual via Zoom
Overall Time Commitment: 2-5 hours a month to review meeting materials, participate in meeting discussions, and follow up on action items.
Current Number of Board Members: 7
The Mundi Project is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and to a program of affirmative action in order to fulfill that policy. The Mundi Project will accordingly recruit and hire into all positions the most qualified persons in light of job-related requirements, and applicants and employees shall be treated in employment matters without regard to unlawful criteria including race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, positive HIV-related blood test results, status as a disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, or gender identity or expression, as these terms are defined under applicable law, or any other factor or characteristic protected by law. In addition, the Mundi Project recognizes that discriminatory harassment and sexual harassment are forms of unlawful discrimination, and it is, therefore, the policy of the Mundi Project that discriminatory harassment and sexual harassment will not be tolerated. The Mundi Project also prohibits unlawful harassment on the basis of other characteristics protected by law.